Did you know that nearly half of all heat lost from an uninsulated solid wall home is lost through its walls?
Loss of heat from a home means that more money is being spent than needed on heating bills. By reducing energy bills it means carbon emissions are also being reduced helping the environment too.
Adding insulation to a solid brick property can reduce annual heating bills by up to £500 according to research by the Energy Savings Trust but in addition to this, EWI systems will make the property warmer and weather-tight whilst a choice of colours and textures will enhance the appearance substantially.
The benefits of using EWI systems include…
- Lower U values are generally made possible through insulating rather than using internal systems and no internal living space is lost
- As work is carried out to the outside walls, disruption to the household is minimised
- The risk of condensation within the wall structure and thermal bridging is eliminated
- A waterproof, attractive and generally maintenance free new exterior is provided as part of the thermal cladding of the building
- Work can be carried out alongside other trades such as window replacement and re-roofing
- The system is fitted to meet individual house requirements with an extensive choice of colours
Contact SPS Plasterers today to see how we can help you.